Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fingerpaint Art

Whenever our grandchildren come to visit they always ask if we're going to do any art projects.  Isabelle loves making cards with my stamping stuff,,, and all the kids like using my Little Big Shot die-cutting machine. So we started out making washi tape egg garlands like the ones I saw on http://www.thetaylor-house.com/washi-tape-easter-egg-garland-tutorial/...

Our next project was to make flowers like these:


Our big project of the day, however, was to use fingerpaint to paint canvases. We got the idea from http://www.ourfamilyforhisglory.com/2012/03/one-of-my-favorite-art-projects-ever/


I bought this fingerpaint and canvases at WalMart. So we spread out newspaper on the table, and then each grandchild decided what design they wanted on their canvas. I used my Silhouete machine to cut the design out of vinyl. We positioned the design on the canvas and smoothed it down. Then it was time to paint!
We made sure that we covered the whole canvas with paint, and llet the paint dry a bit before peeling off the vinyl. 

Here are the canvases right after they were painted. The vinyl design is still on.



Here are the finished pictures!



These pictures were fun to make. Didn't they turn out cute!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

These are awesome!!!