Sunday, March 23, 2014

Silhouette Project

Here are the latest projects I've made using my Silhouette.






















I made this cute little jar from a jelly jar. I used the Silhouette to cute the owl out of vinyl - but instead if sticking the owl on the jar, I used the outline to stencil the owl onto the jar using enamel paint especially for glass. Then I painted the lid the same color.







For this picture I again used the Silhouette to cut the letters out of vinyl. But this time I used transfer paper to transfer the letters on to the glass. I found the chevron fabric at Joann Fabrics. I cut a piece to fit behind the glass. And then I put the whole picture together.
(I found the blue rain boots at Goodwill. Aren't they cute?)

With each project I learn a little more about how best to use the Silhouette and materials. Thank goodness for Pinterest and YouTube. I've found lots of helpful hints and tutorials.

Do you have a Silhouette? If so, what projects have you made with it?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I like them both - but OH MY GOODNESS! That little owl on the jar is adorable!